Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Aren't we too old for Spring Break?

Lera and I both have next week off...9 days to go play. She has school spring break and so I am taking my vacation. We have not much of an idea of where we are gonna go. We are gonna pack up the car and probably head west. We have both always wanted to see wine country and think this might be a good opportunity for that. That is in Napa Valley, CA.

We are planning on leaving Buckeye, AZ on Saturday morning and are gonna go where the wind takes us. We are bringing our tent, cooler, books, guitar, and swim suits. I will hopefully be getting my cast removed before we leave. Feel free to give us a call on our trip, we just may be in your state. I am hoping we get to see Zion National Park in Utah which I've heard great things about as well as the Grand Canyon!! Any other recommendations be sure to let us know.

We will do our best and drive safe but we could still use your prayers for safe travel.

5 comments:

brady said...

The Grand Canyon is definitely worth a visit. Too bad Wisconsin isn't between AZ and California. :(

Have a fun trip and send us a postcard from wherever you end up.

stacie said...

you're never too old for spring break :D

feel free to swing through Texas...oh wait, go somewhere cool.

brady said...

If you are going to California via interstate 10, you should stop by Quartzsite. It seems like it is the elderly's version of Burning Man.

Interesting, very interesting...
http://www.timgruber.com/moment/?page_id=4

Travis said...

Hope y'all had fun - did you see Joshua Tree Nat'l Park? (North of Palm Springs by about 30 miles)

Did you get the cast off?

julie said...

I just found your blog and now I think that you need to blog more...so I will know what is going on with AJ and Lera...because I love you and miss you.